Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian 9 with AMD 5770 graphics.

Need help with peripherals or devices?
#Antônio_Carlos

Debian 9 with AMD 5770 graphics.

#1 Post by #Antônio_Carlos »

Hi!

I have an AMD5770 GPU, It's working very well on Debian 8 but now this GPU doesn't work with new debian 9 installation...
I tried to download driver on AMD website and I don't had success, I don't find any driver for Debian 9. Now I'm using another older pc with debian. How can I solve this problem with 5770???

stevepusser

Re: Debian 9 with AMD 5770 graphics.

#2 Post by stevepusser »

Since there's a choice on Jessie between the free xorg driver with non-free firmware versus the proprietary AMD fglrx-driver, please be more specific on what you had working in Jessie versus what you have tried in Debian 9.
MX Linux packager and developer

#Antônio_Carlos

#3 Post by #Antônio_Carlos »

Thank you for help!

On Debian Jessie I had installed proprietary drivers and play some games on steam like portal for example. After upgrading my desktop to debian stretch, my GUI did not rise anymore, stayed with only the terminal. I tried to download drivers on AMD website but the drivers is only compatible with this systems:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Suite 7.1, 7.0, 6.6, 6.5
Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS, 14.04.2, 15.04
SUSE® Linux Enterprise 11 SP3, 12
OpenSuSE 13.1

Newer versions of Ubuntu don't have support anymore too.

One more time, thank's for your help!

stevepusser

#4 Post by stevepusser »

The free driver almost always requires that you install the non-free firmware-amd-graphics (Stretch's name) package to get it working: https://packages.debian.org/stretch/fir ... d-graphics

There's also a free driver in Stretch called xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu, but it may not support your card.

Debian has abandoned the fglrx-driver you were using in Jessie, but there's a patched version that will build on Stretch's 4.9 kernel in this repository--it should work: https://build.opensuse.org/project/show ... evepassert
MX Linux packager and developer