Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

xrdp font size

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
PavloM

xrdp font size

#1 Post by PavloM »

Hello

I use computer for few tasks, and want to be on different work environments for each of them. For this purpose I have Windows 7 host with VirtualBox on it. The VirtualBox have some bug, so I want to use virtual machines over RDP (I mean Microsoft remote desktop tool). Now about Debian :)

I want one of virtual workstations be Debian. I did it with debian-8.7.1-amd64, and set it with "Default Xsession" (choose this at login page). I know this is Xfce actually, as I see the "About Xfce" entry in "Applications menu". This works great I just set different colors scheme and font from Applications menu - Settings - Settings manager - Appearance. I set up Java 8, MySQL, Eclipse etc stuff i need to work, and next tried remote access, but here I get a problem.

I found xrdp should give me remote access and this works, but just one thing, the font smaller than I need to work with. The settings in Applications menu - Settings - Settings manager - Appearance have no effect on font size. I connected with sesman-Xvnc and sesman-X11rdp. Same effect - font size not works.

Now the questions:

- Is it possible to change font size while in RDP connection session over xrdp?

- Is there other remote desktop tool, able to set font size?

- Am I wrong with Xfce? I tried Gnome 3 and KDE, but I not like any of them thoug. The good one for me called MATE, but I cannot set it while login over xrdp, it is possible to choose only on local login.