Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Unable to change background image in MATE 1.16

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Frotz

Unable to change background image in MATE 1.16

#1 Post by Frotz »

Sometimes after a reboot or logout-login, MATE will refuse to let the background image be changed from the default blue-grey Debian swirl. None of the usual means of changing the background image work (xsetroot or gsettings). In fact, when I query gsettings for what is in the background, it reports what I'm trying to set it to rather than what's actually there. I can't seem to pin down what triggers this. Has anyone else experienced this?

dilberts_left_nut
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Unable to change background image in MATE 1.16

#2 Post by dilberts_left_nut »

AdrianTM wrote:There's no hacker in my grandma...

orythem27

#3 Post by orythem27 »

Frotz wrote:Sometimes after a reboot or logout-login, MATE will refuse to let the background image be changed from the default blue-grey Debian swirl.
The component resposible for setting backgrounds has probably left a trace of error in ~/.xsession-errors. You can look into this file right after a failure for more specific error messages.

Frotz

#4 Post by Frotz »

orythem27 wrote:
Frotz wrote:Sometimes after a reboot or logout-login, MATE will refuse to let the background image be changed from the default blue-grey Debian swirl.
The component resposible for setting backgrounds has probably left a trace of error in ~/.xsession-errors. You can look into this file right after a failure for more specific error messages.
I don't see anything obvious referring to this.