What does your desktop look like?

If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here

Postby ben » 2007-04-16 04:55

DrBrex wrote:
ben wrote:Image


nice wallpaper, where did you find it?


That red Debian wallpaper came from here.

Here's a screenshot from my Mac:

Image

And that wallpaper is located here for any PPC geeks out there.
User avatar
ben
 
Posts: 45
Joined: 2005-09-21 21:28
Location: Massachusetts

Postby f10 » 2007-04-17 17:39

My Kde desktop, testing/lenny.

Image

f10
f10
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 2006-12-04 05:48

sceenshots 1

Postby llivv » 2007-04-17 18:15

first attempt at mods to enlightenment coincidently my first Debian DE as well
(Sarge repos + themes from freshmeat) Didn't get the themes into their directory at time
of screenshot though.

this is etch/xfce
Image

3d-ish panel at 50 px, full width for demo only.
.
bare desktop - panels hidden http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?srv=img03&img=/8/4/24/llivv/f_xfcebarem_12a4562.jpg
I'm still trying to get it to show things it doesn't want to. 8)
Last edited by llivv on 2007-04-25 15:23, edited 7 times in total.
In memory of Ian Ashley Murdock (1973 - 2015) founder of the Debian project.
User avatar
llivv
 
Posts: 5484
Joined: 2007-02-14 18:10
Location: cold storage

enlightenment

Postby <(DmC)> » 2007-04-18 03:41

i like e16 very much, because it offers to have different background images for every virtual desktop. do other window managers have that option as well?
The moribund <(DmC)> salutes you
Highest excellence is like water.
The virtue of water appears in its benefiting all things,
and in its occupying, without striving,
the low place which all men dislike.
User avatar
<(DmC)>
 
Posts: 297
Joined: 2007-02-24 06:54
Location: Germany

Re: enlightenment

Postby tothaa » 2007-04-18 05:47

<(DmC)> wrote:i like e16 very much, because it offers to have different background images for every virtual desktop. do other window managers have that option as well?

yep
User avatar
tothaa
 
Posts: 65
Joined: 2007-03-26 19:39
Location: Hungary

Re: enlightenment

Postby <(DmC)> » 2007-04-18 16:45

tothaa wrote:
<(DmC)> wrote:i like e16 very much, because it offers to have different background images for every virtual desktop. do other window managers have that option as well?

yep


i used gnome and xfce before, but couldn't find that option... can you please enlighten me? :D
The moribund <(DmC)> salutes you
Highest excellence is like water.
The virtue of water appears in its benefiting all things,
and in its occupying, without striving,
the low place which all men dislike.
User avatar
<(DmC)>
 
Posts: 297
Joined: 2007-02-24 06:54
Location: Germany

Re: enlightenment

Postby AgenT » 2007-04-18 20:10

<(DmC)> wrote:
tothaa wrote:
<(DmC)> wrote:i like e16 very much, because it offers to have different background images for every virtual desktop. do other window managers have that option as well?

yep


i used gnome and xfce before, but couldn't find that option... can you please enlighten me? :D
Metacity does not offer that option, so that throws GNOME out the window. I do not know XFCE. KDE however, does allow you to have a different wallpaper or color per viewport. There is a per desktop option dropdown in KDE's desktop control panel. Whether or not this is natively supported in Kwin I do not know. It may be just a hack on top of Kwin. Note, KDE calls viewports "desktops".
User avatar
AgenT
 
Posts: 500
Joined: 2007-01-21 01:25

Re: enlightenment

Postby <(DmC)> » 2007-04-19 16:28

AgenT wrote:
<(DmC)> wrote:
tothaa wrote:
<(DmC)> wrote:i like e16 very much, because it offers to have different background images for every virtual desktop. do other window managers have that option as well?

yep


i used gnome and xfce before, but couldn't find that option... can you please enlighten me? :D
Metacity does not offer that option, so that throws GNOME out the window. I do not know XFCE. KDE however, does allow you to have a different wallpaper or color per viewport. There is a per desktop option dropdown in KDE's desktop control panel. Whether or not this is natively supported in Kwin I do not know. It may be just a hack on top of Kwin. Note, KDE calls viewports "desktops".


yo, thanks for the info! if i ever do get tired of e16, i shall give kde a try :)
The moribund <(DmC)> salutes you
Highest excellence is like water.
The virtue of water appears in its benefiting all things,
and in its occupying, without striving,
the low place which all men dislike.
User avatar
<(DmC)>
 
Posts: 297
Joined: 2007-02-24 06:54
Location: Germany

Postby SpEcIeS » 2007-04-21 14:36

Here is my Debian 4.0. On my desktop I am using Unofficial Tango icons, 2007.03.03, Bluecurve-Grape controls, Bluecurve Classic window border, and Gnome Curves wallpaper. I am currently using a 1600x1200 resolution.

Mmmmm.... grape. :lol:

Image
SpEcIeS


Debian: Jessie
Kernel: 3.16.0-4-amd64
User avatar
SpEcIeS
 
Posts: 62
Joined: 2006-07-20 15:52
Location: Canada

Postby matino » 2007-04-22 09:41

TonyT wrote:Image

Can some1 tell how to get this sweet system/hardware info like the one on the right installed ?
User avatar
matino
 
Posts: 79
Joined: 2007-02-24 17:03

Postby Dargor » 2007-04-22 10:02

Code: Select all
apt-get install conky
User avatar
Dargor
 
Posts: 671
Joined: 2006-08-14 08:54
Location: New Zealand, Hamilton

Postby sinical » 2007-04-23 05:00

Been playing with gnome, its a work in progress but I think its coming along nicely

Image
Every cloud has a silver lining, except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Strontium 90.
---------------------------------------------
umop apisdn
User avatar
sinical
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: 2007-03-25 11:52

Re: enlightenment

Postby GMouse » 2007-04-23 17:40

AgenT wrote:Metacity does not offer that option, so that throws GNOME out the window. I do not know XFCE. KDE however, does allow you to have a different wallpaper or color per viewport. There is a per desktop option dropdown in KDE's desktop control panel. Whether or not this is natively supported in Kwin I do not know. It may be just a hack on top of Kwin. Note, KDE calls viewports "desktops".


From my experience: Gnome applies one wallpaper to all desktops. KDE allows one to be set for each desktop or one for all. XFCE allows you to specify a list of wallpapers to be chosen from randomly on startup, but still applies the result to all desktops.

I used to use Gnome and am currently using XFCE, so I'm envying that granularity of control on the KDE side of things, though not enough to provoke a switch.
User avatar
GMouse
 
Posts: 280
Joined: 2007-03-02 22:28
Location: Ohio, USA

Postby davidlb » 2007-04-24 03:19

My super nifty desktop
Image
“Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible.” -
Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.
User avatar
davidlb
 
Posts: 46
Joined: 2007-03-08 02:56
Location: USA

Postby morax » 2007-04-24 14:26

Update: GNOME again. :)

Image
morax
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 2007-03-22 19:07
Location: Oppdal, NO

PreviousNext

Return to Offtopic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

fashionable