Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[solved ]8.6 - laptop - autoconnect to WiFi

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
herrdeh

[solved ]8.6 - laptop - autoconnect to WiFi

#1 Post by herrdeh »

8.6, Gnome

Hi,
on my HP laptop, the system will prompt for the WiFi password during the boot process, immediately after the prompt for the user password.
When I hit "abort", I have to connect to WiFi manually afterwards.
The "auto connect" is ticked within the network manager.

I'd like not to have the Wifi password prompt at the startup process and an autoconnect when logged into the system.
How can I achieve this?

Cheers,
Wolf
Last edited by herrdeh on 2017-05-23 03:50, edited 1 time in total.

marcetm

Re: 8.6 - laptop - autoconnect to WiFi

#2 Post by marcetm »

Hi herrdeh,

I don't know if I misunderstood something because what you're asking is supposed to be the normal behaviour. You should try to delete your wifi connection in network manager and create it again. I'm not sure but if your user automatically logins, it's likely gnome keymanager prompts you about user's password in order to unblock your password vault.

debiman

#3 Post by debiman »

herrdeh wrote:the system will prompt for the WiFi password during the boot process, immediately after the prompt for the user password.
this should be fixable, as the previous poster pointed out:
your vault (i think it's actually called keyring) should be unlocked once you enter your pwd.

herrdeh

#4 Post by herrdeh »

In the meanwhile, by accident I removed the Wifi connection in question, reconnected, and that fixed it. No the machine will connect automatically.

Cheers,
Wolf