Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Sound volume at startup

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
rousou

Sound volume at startup

#1 Post by rousou »

Hi all! I have two sound cards: the integrated one and an external usb DAC connected to the integrated amplifier.
The volume of the DAC is far too high and the device does some audible distortion (maybe it's preamplifier saturates).

The solution i have found is to lower the gain by 10dB, but i have to set it every time i swich on the DAC. Is there a way to set it automatically the right way?

Thank you all,

Gio

phenest

Re: Sound volume at startup

#2 Post by phenest »

First, some questions:
1. What version of Debian are you using?
2. What make model of sound cards?
ASRock H77 Pro4-M i7 3770K - 32GB RAM - Pioneer BDR-209D

debiman

Re: Sound volume at startup

#3 Post by debiman »

rousou wrote:The solution i have found is to lower the gain by 10dB, but i have to set it every time i swich on the DAC. Is there a way to set it automatically the right way?
if your system recognizes both cards, well alsa should remember the state (volume etc.) automatically.
maybe it has something to do with plugging it in and out...
how are you setting the volume? through alsamixer (F6 => select sound card etc.) ?