Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Party for Stretch release tomorrow?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Job

Party for Stretch release tomorrow?

#1 Post by Job »

Anybody scheduled a Stretch party for tomorrow? I would love to join online time permitting. For the first time I will try and run stable as long as I can hold off :mrgreen: .

https://tecadmin.net/debian-9-release-d ... -features/
#aptitude install life
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Debian 12 - FreeBSD

Lysander

Re: Party for Stretch release tomorrow?

#2 Post by Lysander »

Unfortunately not. I plan to upgrade this weekend but it will probably be an understated affair. Though if I have the chance to hang out on IRC with a beer or two later in the night that would be cool.

Innovate

#3 Post by Innovate »

Oppositely, I've aimed to build my latest .deb packages for Debian 9.0 Xfce Stable.
At this point I'm not going to do any move, no more compiling on RC5.

Job

#4 Post by Job »

Lysander wrote:Unfortunately not. I plan to upgrade this weekend but it will probably be an understated affair. Though if I have the chance to hang out on IRC with a beer or two later in the night that would be cool.
exactly what i had in mind.
#aptitude install life
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Debian 12 - FreeBSD

Lysander

#5 Post by Lysander »

Job wrote:
Lysander wrote:Unfortunately not. I plan to upgrade this weekend but it will probably be an understated affair. Though if I have the chance to hang out on IRC with a beer or two later in the night that would be cool.
exactly what i had in mind.
Currently on IRC lurking in #debian-release, #debian-ftp and #debian-cd where the dev discussion is. Some informal activity in #debian but we seem several hours away from an ISO still. Quite happy to join a channel tomorrow night when it should be out.