Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

error: debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
ricardo072

error: debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2

#1 Post by ricardo072 »

Hi Everyone,

I have been using debian-based distros for more than 8 yrs or more, but somehow I'm new to Debian, with the recent release of Debian Stretch I decided to switch to Debian, so I'm running Debian 9 x64 on a VM with Oracle Virtual Box, I'm taking a lot of personal notes and I plan to install it on my real hardware as soon as I can set it up everything I need on the VM without errors.

I was trying to install Oracle Java following the instructions from https://wiki.debian.org/JavaPackage

1) From the oracle website ( http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... index.html ) I downloaded the jdk-8u131-linux-x64.tar.gz file and from the command line I executed this line:

~/Downloads$ make-jpkg jdk-8u131-linux-x64.tar.gz

I do see a lot of "warning" messages and the following 2 errors:

1) dpkg-shlibdeps: error: no dependency information found for /var/lib/VBoxGuestAdditions/lib/libGL.so.1 (used by debian/oracle-java8-jdk/usr/lib/jvm/oracle-java8-jdk-amd64/jre/lib/amd64/libprism_es2.so)
Hint: check if the library actually comes from a package.

2) debian/rules:17: recipe for target 'override_dh_shlibdeps' failed
make[1]: *** [override_dh_shlibdeps] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/make-jpkg.JqxLMTVOQH/package'
debian/rules:11: recipe for target 'binary' failed
make: *** [binary] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2

Aborted (-us).
Removing temporary directory: done

I'm not sure where is it or how to review the debian/rules file.
Do you have idea what's going on ?

Thank you,
Best regards.