Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Software archives

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Bulkley

Software archives

#1 Post by Bulkley »

Archives.org has a large supply of old Linux distros available in iso format. See here. Somebody might find this useful.

GarryRicketson

Re: Software archives

#2 Post by GarryRicketson »

Thanks, that is interesting. Pretty good selection.

Bulkley

#3 Post by Bulkley »

Yes, Garry. There is a ton of software on that site. Use the search feature and check appropriate boxes on the left. They have Netscape, Caldera, Debian Sarge and a Debian 1.3.1 boot disk. As near as I can tell they have most versions of almost every Linux distro.

dasein

#4 Post by dasein »

Bulkley wrote:As near as I can tell they have most versions of almost every Linux distro.
Just by virtue of who they are, they have archival copies of virtually every page not explicitly protected by a robots.txt file.

Bulkley

#5 Post by Bulkley »

dasein wrote:Just by virtue of who they are, they have archival copies of virtually every page not explicitly protected by a robots.txt file.
Yeah, I guessed that but didn't want to over do it. They have a large collection of Grateful Dead concerts. Ah, I digress.