Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Suddenly HDMI is lost

Need help with peripherals or devices?
reinhardwilhelm

Suddenly HDMI is lost

#1 Post by reinhardwilhelm »

Good morning,

daily I update my Linux on my systems. Two Notebooks I use together with a external display using HDMI. Two days ago - I guess after an update - the systems cannot find the display. I guessed the display would be out of order and I bought a new monitor.

Now I know, that there is a driver problem, caused by an update. Has someone an idea, what I could do.

Here`re the facts:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 5300 (rev 08)

Linux debian 4.11.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.11.6-1 (2017-06-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux

HDMI-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

Today I've updated the kernel to find in such way a solution. I upgraded because of this the system.

Maybe someone know the problem or has a good idea. Unfortunately I lost both of the, the hdmi and the ideas.

Greetings

Reinhard

pylkko

Re: Suddenly HDMI is lost

#2 Post by pylkko »

things just break sometimes in Debian testing. you could write a bug report and see what others say.

you can try reverting to a older kernel version to test this