Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

About Netrunner vs Debian

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
bester69

About Netrunner vs Debian

#1 Post by bester69 »

I've found out about Netrunner, what seems to be the debian's equivalent of Kde Neon,
http://www.netrunner.com/download/

I was thinking of moving to this LTS distro as it gives me all what i was looking for:

Netrunner 17.06 “Daedalus" LTS:
-Debian Testing 2017.05.22
-Plasma 5.10
-Frameworks 5.34
-Qt 5.7.1
-KDE Applications 17.04

Im using now Stretch + KDE5.8, What's your opinion about changing to Netrunner, does it have any weak point or disadvantage; shoud i stay in real debian?
I'd like to enjoy KDE 5.10.. :o
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

Lysander

Re: About Netrunner vs Debian

#3 Post by Lysander »

I think that advantages and disadvantages are informative up to a point, but then not all advantages and disadvantages will apply to all users. And even if they did, nothing can be a substitute for whether an OS feels right for you.

E.g. I installed Solus a while back. It was quite beautiful and smooth, slick, and did everything I wanted. But I only lasted a few hours with it because it just didn't feel right to me. Unlike Debian, which, when I had 'cracked' it, was obviously the place to settle.

The bottom line is, nothing we say can improve upon your experience. Especially since [as I said similarly in an earlier thread to another user] in the time you will have taken waiting for replies to this thread you could have installed it or at least tried out a live version [if it has one]. You seem to be quite itchy to move around the distros of late [in fact your Testing thread which dasein linked to is just below this very thread on the board], so why not just go for it.

bester69

#4 Post by bester69 »

Lysander wrote:I think that advantages and disadvantages are informative up to a point, but then not all advantages and disadvantages will apply to all users. And even if they did, nothing can be a substitute for whether an OS feels right for you.

E.g. I installed Solus a while back. It was quite beautiful and smooth, slick, and did everything I wanted. But I only lasted a few hours with it because it just didn't feel right to me. Unlike Debian, which, when I had 'cracked' it, was obviously the place to settle.

The bottom line is, nothing we say can improve upon your experience. Especially since [as I said similarly in an earlier thread to another user] in the time you will have taken waiting for replies to this thread you could have installed it or at least tried out a live version [if it has one]. You seem to be quite itchy to move around the distros of late [in fact your Testing thread which dasein linked to is just below this very thread on the board], so why not just go for it.
Hi Lysander, thanks for answer :)

As Netrunner its based on a snapshoot Stretch, I think i'll be able to migrate all my system with everything working the same, and with not problem to install all my apps. Netrunner its compiled with KDE 5.10, and Debian buster might not backport KDE 5.10 ever, furthermore buster might downgrade performance in my old laptop. So i think it might be worthy migrate to Netrunner to be able to enjoy last KDE framework, and "Stable debian" (snapshot Testing 2017.05.22).

Ive just readen about Solus, and It sounds very interesting, I didnt know that distro is built it from scratch, I will tested it when i've a while. :D
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

HuangLao

#5 Post by HuangLao »

Yes please move to this other distro...they have a forum also....one can hope :idea:

Job

#6 Post by Job »

HuangLao wrote:Yes please move to this other distro...they have a forum also....one can hope :idea:
classic :lol:
#aptitude install life
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Debian 12 - FreeBSD