Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Wifi on HP Spectre x360

Need help with peripherals or devices?
razdraz

Wifi on HP Spectre x360

#1 Post by razdraz »

Hello,

I've installed Debian 9.1.0 on my HP Spectre x360. Everything is working fine so far (as far as I can tell), except the wifi. I am quite new to
linux and I cannot get it to run with the help of google, so I am hoping to find a solution in this forum.

This is the output of lspci for my network controller:

Code: Select all

3b.00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Device 24fd (rev 78)
I know, or at least I guess, that I need some nonfree-driver stuff, but I have absolutely no clue where to get it

Thanks

shep

Re: Wifi on HP Spectre x360

#2 Post by shep »

One possibility is that you are missing iwlwifi firmware. Debian does not put "non-free" firmware on the default installation images but it is available.

Option 1 is to install following these instructions.

Option 2 is to use unofficial installation images that include non-free firmware.

Debian has extensive documentation and there are multiple ways to setup your wireless. Web search using the terms "debian + wifi"

razdraz

Re: Wifi on HP Spectre x360

#3 Post by razdraz »

Alright, thank you.
I've reinstalled with an unofficial image and it's working now.