Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

wifi issue

Need help with peripherals or devices?
philo_neo

wifi issue

#1 Post by philo_neo »

Hello,
I just installed debian 9.0 on intel hardware (i686). It is a laptop lenovo, the wifi does not work is more at boot it displays driver errors, here is the firmware asked: rtl_nic / rtl8168d-1.fw, I do not know too much to download and how to install it !

Regards
philippe

stevepusser

Re: wifi issue

#2 Post by stevepusser »

That is firmware for your wired card, not the wifi.

Just to make things easier from the start, there are Debian ISO images that include the non-free firmware. Any reasonable web search engine should find those easily. Try using one of those to install.

Otherwise: https://wiki.debian.org/Firmware
MX Linux packager and developer

philo_neo

#3 Post by philo_neo »

You can give me a URL to download a more complete version

stevepusser

#4 Post by stevepusser »

philo_neo

#5 Post by philo_neo »

Thank you very much, everything works very well, being given the number of posts / threads that you post, I think you are expert debian,
I have a problem with one of my server: a bi quad cores opteron (amd64), i tried to install debian 9.x, i ask questions in several forums, nobody answer me!
Here is the problem: when I boot on the cdrom of installation it displays the first menu, then loading the kernel it reboot with an error after the display of the bios: press F1 "hyper transport sync flood error occurred on last reboot"

I do not know who to do: can flash the bios update, you think what

stevepusser

#6 Post by stevepusser »

Please try to search the web first for that error message. See if anyone that has experienced it has any solutions that you could try.