Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

kdevelop4 cannot work in debian9

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
ztdep

kdevelop4 cannot work in debian9

#1 Post by ztdep »

Dear friends:
I just installed kdevelop4 and gnu6.3 and cmake in my debian 9.
but kde gives me the following error when my compiled my program.
how to resolve this problem.
Regards

-- The C compiler identification is GNU 6.3.0
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 6.3.0
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
CMake Error: Generator: execution of make failed. Make command was: "/usr/bin/gmake" "cmTC_b6b1e/fast"
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- broken
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.7/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:51 (message):
The C compiler "/usr/bin/cc" is not able to compile a simple test program.

stevepusser

Re: kdevelop4 cannot work in debian9

#2 Post by stevepusser »

gmake is "gnu make", and is distinct from cmake. Installing the build-essential package installs the standard set of GNU build tools. However, cmake has gcc and make as recommended packages, so should have pulled them in, unless you installed cmake without recommended packages.

Edit: I don't see kdevelop4 in the Debian repository. I see a kdevelop that's at version 5, though. This begs the question of how you installed your version, and if you're trying to develop for KDE 4 or 5. And what you mean by "gnu6.3", when Debian has gcc-6 6.3 already in the repos.
MX Linux packager and developer