Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Stretch - KDE] - Sound problems.

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Coline

[Stretch - KDE] - Sound problems.

#1 Post by Coline »

Hello,

I need some help in order to correct some audio problems on my installation.

My motherboard is a simple : H81M-P33 (MS-7817)

I have a audio output in the back of the PC (it's going on my audio ampli) and a output in the front of the PC (headphones). On Jessie, when I put the headphones, the sound was muted on the speakers and the volume was lowered. The sound was muted when I switched the user too, so the second user could use whatever he wants.

But, on Stretch :

- The volume is not lowered when I connect the headphones.
- Sometimes, when I switch from one user to another, there is no more sound at all.
- Restarting pulseaudio doesn't bring the sound back and I have to reboot.
- I can't choose, on pavucontrol, the output. When the headphones are connected, the "Line Out" is unplugged, and when the headphones are disconnected, the "Line Out" is plugged.

I don't really know what to do about this. Do you have any suggestions ? Thank you ! :)

Coline

Re: [Stretch - KDE] - Sound problems.

#2 Post by Coline »

Hello,

Could something be wrong in the groups ?

Code: Select all

$coline@home: groups
coline cdrom floppy audio dip video plugdev netdev bluetooth lpadmin scanner
The other user :

Code: Select all

$lea@home: groups
lea

Coline

Re: [Stretch - KDE] - Sound problems.

#3 Post by Coline »

Actually, the problem also appears with the first user, when switching from the second to the first.