Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Problem with lvmetad

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
mc-denmark

Problem with lvmetad

#1 Post by mc-denmark »

Hello gurus

I have an annoying problem with Debian 9.

I installed Debian 9 "stable" with the LVM encrypted disk (root+swap) and with every boot I have to wait a good minute because LVM can not find the swap disk and "falling back to device scanning" - this problem also occurred when Stretch was in testing, but does not seem to have been fixed for the stable release.

I can not find any fix for this on goggle, even though it seems to be an old bug, and the wait time at boot is becoming quite annoying.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue, and have a fix ready?

Best regards, Michael

mc-denmark

Re: Problem with lvmetad

#2 Post by mc-denmark »

Hello again,

I haven't found any way to fix the error my self.

This error occurs on all the PC's I have installed Debian on (one PC, and two laptops) so I guess I can't be the only one with this issue?

I have tried to edit the lvm.conf file in the hope that I could reduce the timeout seconds, nut this has not changed anything.

Hope someone can help me.

Best regards Michael