Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Fonts in KDE applications under Gnome

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
rulet

Fonts in KDE applications under Gnome

#1 Post by rulet »

I tried to change font and size of font of kde applications like kdenlive or qt like vlc using qt4-qtconfig under Gnome but it didn't changed. What can be wrong, how to change the fonts? It's Debian 9.
Debian 10, 64 bit, Gnome 3.30.2, Intel Core i3-6100 CPU 3.70GHz, 8GB RAM.

stevepusser

Re: Fonts in KDE applications under Gnome

#2 Post by stevepusser »

Those are Qt5 programs in Stretch. Try installing qt5-styleplugins and then setting the line in /etc/environment as in https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?titl ... e_settings

If this does not help, I could port qt5ct over to Stretch in my own repo, since Debian will not package it for reasons. :cry:

You may also try installing KDE's "systemsettings" package and setting appearance to gtk and fonts in it, though it was pretty empty when I tried that until I installed plasma-desktop.
MX Linux packager and developer

rulet

Re: Fonts in KDE applications under Gnome

#3 Post by rulet »

qt5ct helped for both to change fonts and style(to gtk) -- kdenlive and vlc. I installed qt5ct from this repo which is mentioned on the developer's page.
Debian 10, 64 bit, Gnome 3.30.2, Intel Core i3-6100 CPU 3.70GHz, 8GB RAM.