Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

SOLVED: Sid: dpkg cannot configure network manager 1.8.4-1

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
jheaton5

SOLVED: Sid: dpkg cannot configure network manager 1.8.4-1

#1 Post by jheaton5 »

Network Manager is broken after this morning's upgrade. I didn't have time to file a bug report, but will file one when I get home this evening.

Edit: I also did not have time to research the issue which I will later. dpkg timed out trying to configure the package. I ran:

Code: Select all

# dpkg --configure network-manger
which also timed out reporting error[1]
Last edited by jheaton5 on 2017-09-23 16:00, edited 1 time in total.
debian sid

jheaton5

Re: Sid: dpkg cannot configure network manager 1.8.4-1

#2 Post by jheaton5 »

Well,
I guess that's what I get for trying to upgrade when I'm in a hurry. When I got home and booted up network-manager worked fine. Then I upgraded another computer running sid and had no issues. I'm not sure what happened but all is good. Thanks for looking in on me.
debian sid

jheaton5

Re: Sid: dpkg cannot configure network manager 1.8.4-1

#3 Post by jheaton5 »

network-manager did not fully configure in Thursday's upgrade. Every time I did an upgrade after that dpkg would try to configure it which stopped the service. For some unknown reason, rebooting brought the wireless network back up. The solution was to purge network-manager and reinstall. I had to modify my /etc/network/interfaces file to be able to connect to eth0. After installing network-manager-1.8.4-1 again dpkg was able to fully configure the package. all is well.
debian sid