Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

MPD stream to Android (Not Sound!!)

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
bester69

MPD stream to Android (Not Sound!!)

#1 Post by bester69 »

Hi,
Im not able to listen music in my Android with any mpc Android client, I just can use the mpc client as a remote control.. :shock:

Ive been testing many "mpd.conf" configuratios and several mpc Androids clients, and looking in google for any soultion, but still I can't make it to work. :? Is it really possible?, I think i did it some time ago..but now i cant make it to work. In the Android's mpc client you can see the scroll of the song moving, so it seems the stream is reacthing the android phone, but no sound playing in the movile speakers.

I want to play it inside router net with MPDroid client, Im using the following mpd.conf:

Code: Select all

music_directory		"/home/user/Música/"
playlist_directory		"/home/user/.mpd/playlists"
db_file			"/home/user/.mpd/tag_cache"
log_file			"/home/user/.mpd/mpd.log"
pid_file			"/home/user/.mpd/pid"
state_file			"/home/user/.mpd/state"
sticker_file                   "/home/user/.mpd/sticker.sql"
#
user				"user"
# My IP computer
bind_to_address		"192.168.1.128"
#
input {
        plugin "curl"
}
#
audio_output {
    type  "httpd"
    name  "My HTTP Stream"
    encoder  "lame"  # optional, vorbis or lame
    port  "8000"
    quality  "5.0"   # do not define if bitrate is defined
    # bitrate  "128"   # do not define if quality is defined
    format  "44100:16:1"
    max_clients "0"   # optional 0=no limit
}
Any suggestion?, Thanks
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

pylkko

Re: MPD stream to Android (Not Sound!!)

#2 Post by pylkko »

In mpdDroid you have http as source in settings?

Why are you binding to that one ip address? Is that the phone? If so, I believe that is wrong and you should bind all with 0.0.0.0 for ipv4

In the player tab there is a button where you could select 'stream'

Btw

If you want to stream music from one local location to various devices on your LAN, there are many other better light weight ways to do it. For example a dlna server on the machine, the use vlc on Android devices or laptops. It is much more robust and reliable in my experience. Also dlna sends the library and metadata in addition to just the music. Or there are are a few servers that can do the same sending a html player over network so that you need no client software set up at all. Node player for example.

bester69

#3 Post by bester69 »

pylkko wrote:In mpdDroid you have http as source in settings?

Why are you binding to that one ip address? Is that the phone? If so, I believe that is wrong and you should bind all with 0.0.0.0 for ipv4

In the player tab there is a button where you could select 'stream'

Btw

If you want to stream music from one local location to various devices on your LAN, there are many other better light weight ways to do it. For example a dlna server on the machine, the use vlc on Android devices or laptops. It is much more robust and reliable in my experience. Also dlna sends the library and metadata in addition to just the music. Or there are are a few servers that can do the same sending a html player over network so that you need no client software set up at all. Node player for example.
Ive never heard about dlna servers until today, THANKS A LOT pylkko :o , im very happy with that new discovered, It just works great so i wont use anymore mpd for this kind of purpose..

Ive just installed "minidlna" and VLC combo and it worked perfect at the first try. Im going to check what DLNA servers are available for linux and what DLNA clients are available in Linux and Android, is there any easy and good DLNA servers Web-GUI available??

regards, thanks very much pylkko. :D
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

bester69

#4 Post by bester69 »

I will delete "minidlna" and use DLNA kodi's service server to keep cleaner debian.

regards.

pylkko

#5 Post by pylkko »

Yes, if you already have Kodi, then that can do UPNP/DLNA/NFS/samba/web.... just about everything. minidlna is lighter (i run it on my router). Some of the Kodi web skins allow you only to control Kodi, but others allow you to send music from it to your device.

It is nice that you can store music on one computer/router or something and then always have access to it on all devices, even those that have minimal storage. If you set up VPN on the same machine that offers the music (dlna server), you can extend this to outside of your network. I sometimes listen to music off the dlna server on my router like this using my phone when I am travelling. This way I never have to transfer music or videos to the phone, but of course if you are on a data plan that is capped, this will consume considerable amounts of data. At home I rarely listen to music on the phone, but I do have some music players created from raspberry pi's and other similar small computers which use the same dlna server to get the same music (in addition to many online sources).

here is node music player that I was talking about:
https://github.com/benkaiser/stretto

bester69

#6 Post by bester69 »

pylkko wrote:Yes, if you already have Kodi, then that can do UPNP/DLNA/NFS/samba/web.... just about everything. minidlna is lighter (i run it on my router). Some of the Kodi web skins allow you only to control Kodi, but others allow you to send music from it to your device.

It is nice that you can store music on one computer/router or something and then always have access to it on all devices, even those that have minimal storage. If you set up VPN on the same machine that offers the music (dlna server), you can extend this to outside of your network. I sometimes listen to music off the dlna server on my router like this using my phone when I am travelling. This way I never have to transfer music or videos to the phone, but of course if you are on a data plan that is capped, this will consume considerable amounts of data. At home I rarely listen to music on the phone, but I do have some music players created from raspberry pi's and other similar small computers which use the same dlna server to get the same music (in addition to many online sources).

here is node music player that I was talking about:
https://github.com/benkaiser/stretto
I dont have experience in setting a linux VPN yet, I will see it eventually...im very interested in knowing how to set up a VPN
My phone has litle free space, so i needed a way to watch some streaming movies from computer. Im very glad with dlna and vlc solution.. Now i can listen with headphones some ASMR movies (previouslly downloaded them from youtube), in bed before to sleep, asmr its very relaxing :) .