Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

new to debian, 9.2.1version. mouse and screen question.

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
longlongway

new to debian, 9.2.1version. mouse and screen question.

#1 Post by longlongway »

1.When I switch to "left handed" Mouse, Nothing has changed. It does bother me.
2.I have a 4K screen laptop, and I have tried much times of installation. The words are so tiny to see during the installation. After the installation completed, I had to manually change display resolution to 1980x1080.
3.Before the end of installation, there is always a third time the system asking for DVD.1, just after the second time it asked for the DVD.2. However the CD/DVD drive won't come out that time unless I click several times "Go back" button. PS: I knew this after few times of failed installation. Crying.
4. Continued to 3, even though I finally put the DVD.1 into drive, it said something about the DVD couldn't be read, and no matter how much time I press "Yes", it didn't work. However, after I press "No", the installation became completed.

I am still not sure whether I did the installation successfully, or missing some files to load.

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

Re: new to debian, 9.2.1version. mouse and screen question.

#2 Post by None1975 »

longlongway wrote:I am still not sure whether I did the installation successfully, or missing some files to load.
Hello. If possible, use netinstall images.
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github

ObsoleteMan

#3 Post by ObsoleteMan »

Maybe a firmware issue?

Try this:

https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unof ... 4/iso-dvd/

Mike

Lysander

#4 Post by Lysander »

ObsoleteMan wrote:Maybe a firmware issue?

Try this:

https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unof ... 4/iso-dvd/

Mike
This topic was started over two months ago. I don't think the OP is coming back for it.