Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Installation don't detect HDD

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
paja93

Installation don't detect HDD

#1 Post by paja93 »

Hi, new to this forum, i rarely join to any forum but this time i did. I just can't solve this problem...
currently i have linux lite and windows 7(which i'm not using for a long long time but it's still there).
So i wanted to move to debian and finally remove windows from my disk.
After running the installation when i come to step for detecting disk drive it say "No disk drive was detected. If you know the name of the driver needed by your disk drive, you can select it from the list."
I really don't know why is this happening, everything is okay with hdd. It's not my first time i install or change os. I was always hooping from one distro to another for the last maybe 2 years and never had such a problem.
I booted some other distros too to try to install and i get same problem always, no hdd even if in the bios hdd is detected and when i run live from usb, everything just looks fine. What to do next, how to solve this? Sorry for my poor english :)

Segfault

Re: Installation don't detect HDD

#2 Post by Segfault »

What boot. UEFI, legacy? What type of drive. SATA, PATA, NVMe, SCSI?

paja93

#3 Post by paja93 »

UEFI, SATA

Soapm

#4 Post by Soapm »

Segfault

#5 Post by Segfault »

What is the PCI ID of your SATA controller? You can go to cateee.net and check out what kernel version supports it.

p.H
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#6 Post by p.H »

Please report the output of the following command :

Code: Select all

lspci -nn
paja93 wrote:d when i run live from usb, everything just looks fine
What do you mean by "looks fine" ? Does the live system detect the disk ? What live distribution is it ?