Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Desktop and *-qt files

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
mindflow

Desktop and *-qt files

#1 Post by mindflow »

1 question:
I trying to place some files on my desktop, but i cant. I also copied the file to the map "desktop", but it will not show up on it, what am i doing wrong?

2 question:
I have a file called "LEOcoin-qt" this is a file for linux, but i have no idea on how to install it. someone that can help me out here?

Ardouos

Re: Desktop and *-qt files

#2 Post by Ardouos »

mindflow wrote:1 question:
I trying to place some files on my desktop, but i cant. I also copied the file to the map "desktop", but it will not show up on it, what am i doing wrong?
It depends what desktop environment you are using. Some like Gnome do not display desktop items; Not by default anyway. I wouldn't know because I do not use Gnome.
2 question:
mindflow wrote:I have a file called "LEOcoin-qt" this is a file for linux, but i have no idea on how to install it. someone that can help me out here?
What type of file is it? Where did you get it from?

Generally it is not recommended to install software outside of Debian's repos without knowing completely what you are doing. There is plenty of documentation on the internet about install software on Linux. Whether it is from the package manager. tarballs or shell files.

Also read:
https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian
There is only one Debian | Do not break Debian | Stability and Debian | Backports

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀

mindflow

#3 Post by mindflow »

Ardouos wrote: What type of file is it? Where did you get it from?

Generally it is not recommended to install software outside of Debian's repos without knowing completely what you are doing. There is plenty of documentation on the internet about install software on Linux. Whether it is from the package manager. tarballs or shell files.

Also read:
https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian
I got the file from leocoin.org . Its a "wallet", and i have been trying to find a way to add it to linux, but no luck so far..

mindflow

#4 Post by mindflow »

No one ?

dilberts_left_nut
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by dilberts_left_nut »

'No one' what?

Ask whoever produced it what you are supposed to do with it.
AdrianTM wrote:There's no hacker in my grandma...

mindflow

#6 Post by mindflow »

dilberts_left_nut wrote:'No one' what?

Ask whoever produced it what you are supposed to do with it.
In some way that file should be installed in "linux", then there is one more file, but it is only an update of the file I'm trying to install now. And i cant find any explanation online for the format *-qt ..