Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

NetworkManager & connman

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
thammr

NetworkManager & connman

#1 Post by thammr »

I recently installed Debian 9 on my old PC. The internet access was working fine. I was looking for software to display the wifi signal strengths and found cmst. I installed this and completely broke wifi and internet access.
After lots of research, I became convinced that connman was installed along with cmst. So I disabled the connman service and rebooted. Now I consistently get a wifi connection but no internet.
I discovered that /etc/resolv.conf was a link to connman's resolv.conf. So I deleted the link and created a link to NetworkManagers resov.conf.
Now I have internet.
Problem is, every time I reboot, something is setting this link back to connman's resolv.conf.
Any idea what is causing this - connman is NOT running.

Bulkley

Re: NetworkManager & connman

#2 Post by Bulkley »

May I suggest that you purge both of those and use

Code: Select all

# iwconfig wlan0 | grep -i --color signal
or

Code: Select all

watch -n 1 cat /proc/net/wireless
8 Linux Commands: To Find Out Wireless Network Speed, Signal Strength And Other Information