Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[HELP] Keyboard not working in graphical interface

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Dreamwork57

[HELP] Keyboard not working in graphical interface

#1 Post by Dreamwork57 »

Hi everybody !

I recently installed debian 9.2 on my laptop, and i'm experimenting an issue with the keyboard.
Actually, I post here but I don't know if it is really because of debian. It might be a bug in kde interface (plasma) but I don't know so maybe you could help me...
The problem is : I can log without any problem with my account, but then when I type something in the interface (search, run, config, even when it asks me credentials...) nothing append, nothing is typed.
However, in any other software anything works properly, so that's why I don't think it's because of a driver.

Does anyone have an idea of what can be done to resolve this ?

Thanks !

bw123

Re: [HELP] Keyboard not working in graphical interface

#2 Post by bw123 »

There were a lot of options in KDE to switch keyboard layout when I installled, I removed most of them. I didn't understand the IBus thing, or the international layout and all that. I just removed it all.

The keyboard on my DELL mini Inspiron 1012 isn't listed in systemsettings>input>keyboard by name, so I disabled the keyboard daemon in systemsettings>startupandshutdown/backgroundservices and so far, so good.

Myabe if you post some info about your hardware, someone else will have a better explanation.
resigned by AI ChatGPT

Dreamwork57

Re: [HELP] Keyboard not working in graphical interface

#3 Post by Dreamwork57 »

Thanks for your message, I disabled the deamon at start and then it works perfectly.
Perhaps the keybord I selected wasn't compatible with mine. Imma do some test to figure out.
Now I have a solution, at least.