Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Newest Nvidia driver for Jessie

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

Re: Newest Nvidia driver for Jessie

#21 Post by None1975 »

phoenix_art wrote:I'm not a newbie, and I'm continue using Debian, but on servers. On desktop I see the Mint better than Debian. :)
Yes, of course, you are not a newbie, but can't find 375 driver version in Debian backports...very ridiculous.
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github

phoenix_art

#22 Post by phoenix_art »

What? Why find?? I just read and did all step by step what I found on the official nvidia-debian site - especially the Version 375.66 (via jessie-backports). Every command run without any problem or error message. And after I just reboot, and got the black screen without any error message or anything. And yes, I tried it after clean installation of the system too. But didn't work. But thanks for your helping... I think you didn't understand my problem. And please stop trolling here with me.
None1975 wrote:
phoenix_art wrote:I'm not a newbie, and I'm continue using Debian, but on servers. On desktop I see the Mint better than Debian. :)
Yes, of course, you are not a newbie, but can't find 375 driver version in Debian backports...very ridiculous.

phoenix_art

#23 Post by phoenix_art »

I'm back again on Debian for desktop too... :) Now with Debian 9 Xfce, this is working perfect with the newest driver. I was very sad with Jessie, but I think this was a good step. Thanks again, who wanted to help me. :)