Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian direct derivates vs Rebuilt derivates.

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

Re: Debian direct derivates vs Rebuilt derivates.

#61 Post by arochester »

It seems, Daniel, that you have made no friends or influenced anyone here.

steve_v
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

#62 Post by steve_v »

Capitain_Jack wrote:Have you ever put together a pvpgn server? I made it within one Debian install, and it does need a windows executable to work...
What's with the pissing contest guys?

FWIW, and on the OT, I can't be bothered investigating why Nooby-Noobness's Kali Linux Desktop is messed up, because I don't know Kali Linux (or many of the other 1000+ "Debian derivatives"). So I'll point such questions at the appropriate forums.
This is the Debian user forum, and trying to support hundreds of distros that are slightly different in unknown ways is madness.
Most distros have dedicated support channels, use them.
Capitain_Jack wrote:what can be done to be more friendly over the direct derivation that is entirely based on Debian
Umm, post links to the appropriate forum? Say "go away" in a nicer way? Put a big sign on the door?
Why do we want this, anyway?

My take on this thread is leaning further towards "obvious troll is obvious" by the moment...
Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Four times is Official GNOME Policy.

4D696B65
Site admin
Site admin

#63 Post by 4D696B65 »

Capitain_Jack wrote:
Wheelerof4te wrote:^About people using Debian derivatives coming here to ask for help, even though those derivatives are not Debian?

On a side note, thank you for pimping my post count :D
No sir, it is as the title says: Direct vs Rebuilt derivates, differences and the fact that some direct derivates are Debian into the core, so into this aspect, can be addressed as a "Debian user" problem.
Not necessarily. Many "direct" derivatives have different config files that we here at "pure" debian user forums might not know about.

Capitain_Jack

#64 Post by Capitain_Jack »

GarryRicketson wrote: "Debian , almost pure" Is not the same as Debian, pure water H2O, is no longer,H2O, when something else has been added or removed either.
Can you run wine on pure non-free debian? nope. thats why. So, again, will you deny help if the user is using non-free Debian repo?
GarryRicketson wrote: Debian does not require a window executable to work, if it requires a windows executable to run, it is not Debian,
You know nothing about Diablo 2 Private battlenet servers. I said about what I need to run the server, not Debian, if you don't know the difference, please, do not spread misinformation.
GarryRicketson wrote:A pvpgn server is not a Debian server , either, .........You seem very confused
about what Debian really is.
Please, do a quick search and you'll notice the confused is you.
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=pvpgn
GarryRicketson wrote:...... Are you related to bester69,? he is our honorable frankendebian expert, here on this forum :mrgreen:
Nope, never saw.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
Albert Einstein
"All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?"
Buddha

Capitain_Jack

#65 Post by Capitain_Jack »

4D696B65 wrote:
Capitain_Jack wrote:
Wheelerof4te wrote:^About people using Debian derivatives coming here to ask for help, even though those derivatives are not Debian?

On a side note, thank you for pimping my post count :D
No sir, it is as the title says: Direct vs Rebuilt derivates, differences and the fact that some direct derivates are Debian into the core, so into this aspect, can be addressed as a "Debian user" problem.
Not necessarily. Many "direct" derivatives have different config files that we here at "pure" debian user forums might not know about.
Now you are talking what this post supposed to be talking about, but it took a lot of patience by me...

That's when knowing for good Debian pure is useful for all Debian eco system.
Albert Einstein
"All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?"
Buddha

Capitain_Jack

#66 Post by Capitain_Jack »

steve_v wrote: My take on this thread is leaning further towards "obvious troll is obvious" by the moment...
Why haven't you said nothing about the issue?? Because you're "too pure" to talk about it?
Albert Einstein
Buddha

Wheelerof4te

#67 Post by Wheelerof4te »

Capitain_Jack wrote:the fact that some direct derivates are Debian into the core, so into this aspect, can be addressed as a "Debian user" problem.
But guess what? It can't. I have already explained to you why in my previous long post. If you want to contradict me, fine.
Capitain_Jack wrote:So, again, will you deny help if the user is using non-free Debian repo?
I can deny help if user is not using Debian. If he is using, for example Sparkly Linux, I will be kind enough to point him/her in the direction of Sparkly Linux help forums. Which I already did. Twice.
Capitain_Jack wrote:Why haven't you said nothing about the issue?? Because you're "too pure" to talk about it?
Heh, three posts from OP and I haven't even finished this one...I call troll and humbly ask admins to close this thread.