Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Biggest mistake ever made by Debian

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
czeekaj

Re: Biggest mistake ever made by Debian

#61 Post by czeekaj »

As a new User of linux in general I agree. I came from windows and went to linux to getaway from windows and SystemD feels more like Windows. The binary logs especially
I used a bit of SysV and it was really nice being able to set up a boot order with it. It's more transparent. It also tells me When Intel ME hangs on boot.
SystemD i have no clue and I spent more time with it than SysV. I feel it's poorly implemented. I was able to disable bluetooth easily and could see it there and know it wont boot.

I heard someone do parrallel booting without systemD. So don't tell me that's why it's around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzFEYDFlK_k

How about a SysX and make everyone happy :)

acewiza

#62 Post by acewiza »

Somebody should lock this thread, just to keep the trolls out.
Nobody would ever ask questions If everyone possessed encyclopedic knowledge of the man pages.

golinux

#63 Post by golinux »

This thread had been dormant for nearly a year. Someone dredged it up because systemd is well . . . still systemd and continuing to create havoc for lots of folks. You can hide the reality but that doesn't mean it's not there. Is that trollish enough for you? :D
May the FORK be with you!

acewiza

#64 Post by acewiza »

Somebody dredged it up because there are still a bunch of butthurt jackholes out there that just can't seem to get over themselves.
Nobody would ever ask questions If everyone possessed encyclopedic knowledge of the man pages.