Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian 8.x on the oldest Mini (macmini1,1)

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
khampol

Debian 8.x on the oldest Mini (macmini1,1)

#1 Post by khampol »

Hi,
For a friend of mine I need to install Debian on a very old Mac mini 1,1! I do several test unsuccess and I find this :
Macmini 1,1
The oldest Mini (macmini1,1) is typically the most problematic, due to bugs in its firmware. When booting off CD/DVD, if there is more than one El Torito boot record on the disc then the firmware gets confused. It tried to offer a choice of the boot options, but it locks up instead. Unfortunately, all of the normal Debian installer options for both i386 and amd64 now include 2 El Torito boot records (one for BIOS boot, and one for EFI boot). Specifically as a workaround for this broken firmware, there is now a new flavour of i386 netinst image. Look for debian-mac-XXX-netinst.iso. This image should boot and install happily on a macmini1,1, giving you a normal Debian installation when it's finished, booting in BIOS mode using GRUB. There's quite a delay before the GRUB menu comes up (~30s or so) - be patient!
https://wiki.debian.org/MacMiniIntel#Macmini_1.2C1

I look for
debian-mac-XXX-netinst.iso
Please someone know where to find it for my Mac mini 1,1 ?

steve_v
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

Re: Debian 8.x on the oldest Mini (macmini1,1)

#2 Post by steve_v »

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Four times is Official GNOME Policy.

khampol

Re: Debian 8.x on the oldest Mini (macmini1,1)

#3 Post by khampol »

Oh! Get them ! Thanks man :)
Really not at all difficult to find, try google next time.
:lol: OK !