Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

i3 integrated

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
shogun1234

i3 integrated

#1 Post by shogun1234 »

A stupid question. But searching with `i3 window manager` will cause i3 to be ignored, so ask it here.

Is there any package or integration like Manjaro i3 (https://manjaro.github.io/Manjaro-i3-15.12-released/ ) on Debian? I understand I can install i3 packages through apt-get, and I've done that. But the problem is I need to do some configuration manually which takes time and that is what I do not have at the moment. So check it here if any such integration exists.

Thanks

roseway

Re: i3 integrated

#3 Post by roseway »

Eric

stevepusser

#4 Post by stevepusser »

You don't get any customized, tweaked desktops with Debian. That's left to the user or derivative distros.
MX Linux packager and developer

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#5 Post by None1975 »

shogun1234 wrote: But the problem is I need to do some configuration manually which takes time and that is what I do not have at the moment. So check it here if any such integration exists. Thanks
They do not exist. It is just plain and default i3. What will it be depends on you.
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github

debiman

#6 Post by debiman »

shogun1234 wrote:searching with `i3 window manager` will cause i3 to be ignored, so ask it here.
well.
tried
> "i3" window manager
???
e.g.
https://duckduckgo.com/html?q=%22i3%22% ... %20manager

kopper

#7 Post by kopper »

shogun1234 wrote:So check it here if any such integration exists.
No such "integration". What you could look for is someone who has a nice looking setup and ask them to share their config files. Install i3, copy configs to correct folders and tune the key bindings to your liking. You should be able to find ready-made configs pretty easily.

I think spending some time with the default configs and doing the customization yourself is the best option. It shouldn't take tooo much time to get the basics working, and you can spend more time to fine tune when you have it. i3 is well documented so you shouldn't have problems to get started.
Debian 10.2 Stable with i3
Secure your stuff: Securing Debian Manual
Don't break your stuff: Source List Management DontBreakDebian

debiman

#8 Post by debiman »

kopper wrote:No such "integration". What you could look for is someone who has a nice looking setup and ask them to share their config files.
or search github et al. for the gazillions already there.
I think spending some time with the default configs and doing the customization yourself is the best option. It shouldn't take tooo much time to get the basics working
+1.