Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

KDE Remote Desktop Client won't refresh client desktop

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
LPC11

KDE Remote Desktop Client won't refresh client desktop

#1 Post by LPC11 »

I have KRDC on the host and Krfb on the client using VNC to connect.

It successfully connects and even shows the client desktop, but it does not refresh when changes are made. Is this a known issue, or is there a fix?

What appears on the remote DE is just a single (and not current) desktop image. However, it does accept mouse commands, and "Grab Keys" works as well. So the issue is not connecting or making changes remotely, but getting the screen updates to show those remote changes.

I am testing it at home using the same cable internet modem to connect both computers (and both are running debian stable). It is not a local LAN setup.

What can I do to troubleshoot this issue?

UPDATE 1: This documentation does not have a troubleshooting section. It just shows you how to make the connection, and that is not the issue.

UPDATE 2: Is there something I can add to help prompt some attention to this issue? I also posted to KDE forums; no response there, either.