Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Anyone using ICQ messaging with Kopete? How?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
LPC11

Anyone using ICQ messaging with Kopete? How?

#1 Post by LPC11 »

I set up an ICQ account and followed the instructions posted here: https://userbase.kde.org/Kopete/ICQ/con ... ugh_kopete but the program insists I have the wrong password (even though it has been verified as correct; the password correctly logs you onto the ICQ website).

I am using all of the standard settings as shown on the help page.

Can anyone confirm an issue with ICQ and Kopete?

bw123

Re: Anyone using ICQ messaging with Kopete? How?

#2 Post by bw123 »

LPC11 wrote:I set up an ICQ account and followed the instructions posted here: https://userbase.kde.org/Kopete/ICQ/con ... ugh_kopete but the program insists I have the wrong password (even though it has been verified as correct; the password correctly logs you onto the ICQ website).

I am using all of the standard settings as shown on the help page.

Can anyone confirm an issue with ICQ and Kopete?
I haven't used kopete and right now all I can get is a blank page from the link because I am not using a system with browser that can pass the jsTest.html

In general, I have not found the kde userbase or their forum to be much help at all. It's a big mess of "what version" with no clear way to separate the old from the new.

Unfortunately, the kde help center included with stretch isn't all that current either, but you might check there,for accurate Kopete information. Anything that has to do with passwords probably needs the wallet setup correctly, I have made it that far.

Stick with it, probably something simple. Did you use
$ gpg --quick-generate-key yourname
and setup kwallet?
resigned by AI ChatGPT