Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

LightDM

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
shogun1234

LightDM

#1 Post by shogun1234 »

My current environment is done with netinstall, and just replaced gdm3 with lightDM. Now two questions:

- How to source .profile from lightDM?
On the internet some says .profile can be sourced by adding line in .xsession, but that doesn't work in my case.

Code: Select all

. /home/<userA>/.profile # source /home/<userA>/.profile doesn't work either. 
exec i3
- How to auto lock after a period of time when inactivity.
I can lock with dm-tool lock, but I want it to be able to lock automatically after a period of time going inactivity. How can I achieve that effect? Search with keywords e.g. lightdm dm-tool auto lock inactivity doesn't find solutions that work.

Thanks

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: LightDM

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Use ~/.xsessionrc instead of ~/.profile

EDIT: for screen locking see https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic.php?id=2080
deadbang

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

Re: LightDM

#3 Post by None1975 »

shogun1234 wrote:- How to auto lock after a period of time when inactivity.I can lock with dm-tool lock, but I want it to be able to lock automatically after a period of time going inactivity. How can I achieve that effect? Search with keywords e.g. lightdm dm-tool auto lock inactivity doesn't find solutions that work. Thanks
Hello. You can install package xautolock and add line to your .xsessiorc

Code: Select all

xautolock -time 10 -locker 'slock' &
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github