Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

What tool to best pixelize faces in video?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Onsemeliot

What tool to best pixelize faces in video?

#1 Post by Onsemeliot »

I did quite a research on YouTube, Wikipedia and directory.fsf.org but wasn't able to find anything better than KDEnlive to pixelize faces in videos.

Unfortunately the functionality in KDEnlive is rather limited since it is only possible to define static pixelized squares if the automatic tracking fails. Since we often have faces that do change size and position constantly and fast on a random background it is a very cumbersome process to cut the video in order to reposition and resize a pixelized area that can not move or change in shape and size.

I am thinking of something like the workflow in Lightworks.

Do you know of any tools available on Debian that would work similarly?

debiman

Re: What tool to best pixelize faces in video?

#2 Post by debiman »

it seems to come down to kdenlive:
https://duckduckgo.com/html?q=linux%20p ... in%20video

fwiw, there's a program called facedetect which works well enough, but for images. maybe a script to rip the video apart frame by frame, applyfacedetect & pixelization, then stitch it back together... just a thought.

Onsemeliot

#3 Post by Onsemeliot »

debiman wrote:there's a program called facedetect which works well enough, but for images. maybe a script to rip the video apart frame by frame, applyfacedetect & pixelization, then stitch it back together... just a thought.
Thanks, this is an interesting idea. The only problem I see here is that it wouldn't allow us to define which faces to pixelize. It would just be: all or none - at least if it would work properly. ... Sorry, I just saw further down the page that it would even be feasable to blur all faces exept those matching a sample face. Even if I am sceptical if it would work reliably enough the feature in itself is amazing.

debiman

#4 Post by debiman »

it seems you are asking for artificial intelligence, not a linux program.
of course, you're going to tell me now that there's some windows/apple software that is capable to do this reliably... or claims it (to sell more).

Onsemeliot

#5 Post by Onsemeliot »

debiman wrote:it seems you are asking for artificial intelligence, not a linux program.
No, I actually didn't ask for any automatism. This is just what you brought up ... and I followed the thought. I would like to find a tool that allows to define vector masks which can be animated independently from the video source.