Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

check if service running? and restart

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
mauric

check if service running? and restart

#1 Post by mauric »

Hello together

I have here a little ASSP Server running sometime one or two time the week the service stop's
and i dont see why, no log write any helpfull Informations.

no discussion this server i will setup new ..... but for now, any urgent fix i need, and i appreciate any little fix.
exist here any scanner that "monitor" this service, so that after any possible crash, this will restart the service!

thanks for any possible ideas or help
regards
Mauri

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: check if service running? and restart

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

mauric wrote:exist here any scanner that "monitor" this service, so that after any possible crash, this will restart the service!
Isn't init supposed to do that? :P

But seriously, shouldn't we try to find out why it is failing and fix that instead?

Also, is your search engine broken?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/310 ... riodically
deadbang

mauric

#3 Post by mauric »

i don't will ask to present here any possible fix, i only will ask if here have the possibiliti exist that have fight with same problems.......
this machine i will setup new, no discussion .... but for now i need a workaround.

but if no one here will share any know-how i think that i'am wrong here!

please write only if you have serious intense to Discuss or share, sarcasmus i don't need on this time.

GarryRicketson

#4 Post by GarryRicketson »

OK, then I guess I better just not say anything

debiman

#5 Post by debiman »

mauric wrote:please write only if you have serious intense to Discuss or share, sarcasmus i don't need on this time.
so in all seriousness i'm telling you that you hven't provided any useful information at all.
please fix that asap (or hear crickets).
read the first link in my signature.