Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] Constant micro-stuttering on GNOME 3.28

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Wheelerof4te

[SOLVED] Constant micro-stuttering on GNOME 3.28

#1 Post by Wheelerof4te »

Does anyone else experience constant periodic stutter with GNOME on Wayland in Sid? Like, mouse lags and sound flickering, general CPU sluginess. I realise it may be bugs related to a fairly recent release, but it would be good to hear other experiences with new GNOME version :)
Last edited by Wheelerof4te on 2018-03-20 15:41, edited 1 time in total.

n_hologram

Re: Constant micro-stuttering on GNOME 3.28

#2 Post by n_hologram »

It's probably the guys who broke into xenon's system trolling you from Siberia.

Interestingly, there's a new thread about quirkyness in KDE Neon, which I believe also uses Wayland, and may use a similar or identical version. Maybe you guys should talk through the specific quirks and determine if it's at a level deeper than the DE.
bester69 wrote:There is nothing to install in linux, from time to time i go to google searching for something fresh to install in linux, but, there is nothing
the crunkbong project: scripts, operating system, the list goes on...

Wheelerof4te

Re: Constant micro-stuttering on GNOME 3.28

#3 Post by Wheelerof4te »

Yeah, Wayland may be the culprit...might have to fall-back to X until it gets updated.
EDIT: Not "may", but is. It's much faster on X now, and without stutter.

n_hologram

Re: [SOLVED] Constant micro-stuttering on GNOME 3.28

#4 Post by n_hologram »

Called it.

(Ya know, a console would be faster... ;) )
bester69 wrote:There is nothing to install in linux, from time to time i go to google searching for something fresh to install in linux, but, there is nothing
the crunkbong project: scripts, operating system, the list goes on...