Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

LLMNR (IPv6 related)

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
egamess

LLMNR (IPv6 related)

#1 Post by egamess »

Hello all,

Is there any Link-local Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR) for Debian???
Thank you.

Eric.

SheamusPatt

Re: LLMNR (IPv6 related)

#2 Post by SheamusPatt »

I'm also interested in this - perhaps someone "in the know" could comment.
I'm running Stretch. I'm trying to connect to a Brother networked printer that is supposed to support mDNS, but doesn't, really, so would like to use its LLMNR support instead.
Stretch uses systemd, which apparently has LLMNR support "baked in" (eg. see systemd.network documentation here https://www.freedesktop.org/software/sy ... twork.html ). However, even though LLMNR is not set and so should default to yes in my resolv.conf file, I never see any packets for LLMNR from my desktop when I snoop on the connection with Wireshark. I've verified my network status using "systemd-resolve --status" and it reports "LLMNR Setting: yes" on both of my connections.
I'm completely baffled as to why LLMNR seems to be entirely missing on my desktop, when according to the documentation it should be a standard protocol on my system. Anyone?