Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

What does your desktop look like?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
ben

#361 Post by ben »

DrBrex wrote:
ben wrote:Image
nice wallpaper, where did you find it?
That red Debian wallpaper came from here.

Here's a screenshot from my Mac:

And that wallpaper is located here for any PPC geeks out there.

f10

#362 Post by f10 »

My Kde desktop, testing/lenny.

f10

llivv

sceenshots 1

#363 Post by llivv »

first attempt at mods to enlightenment coincidently my first Debian DE as well
(Sarge repos + themes from freshmeat) Didn't get the themes into their directory at time
of screenshot though.

this is etch/xfce

3d-ish panel at 50 px, full width for demo only.
bare desktop - panels hidden http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?srv=im ... 2a4562.jpg
I'm still trying to get it to show things it doesn't want to. 8)
Last edited by llivv on 2007-04-25 15:23, edited 7 times in total.
In memory of Ian Ashley Murdock (1973 - 2015) founder of the Debian project.

<(DmC)>

enlightenment

#364 Post by <(DmC)> »

i like e16 very much, because it offers to have different background images for every virtual desktop. do other window managers have that option as well?
The moribund <(DmC)> salutes you
Highest excellence is like water.
The virtue of water appears in its benefiting all things,
and in its occupying, without striving,
the low place which all men dislike.

tothaa

Re: enlightenment

#365 Post by tothaa »

<(DmC)> wrote:i like e16 very much, because it offers to have different background images for every virtual desktop. do other window managers have that option as well?
yep

<(DmC)>

#366 Post by <(DmC)> »

tothaa wrote:
<(DmC)> wrote:i like e16 very much, because it offers to have different background images for every virtual desktop. do other window managers have that option as well?
yep
i used gnome and xfce before, but couldn't find that option... can you please enlighten me? :D

AgenT

#367 Post by AgenT »

<(DmC)> wrote:
tothaa wrote:
yep
i used gnome and xfce before, but couldn't find that option... can you please enlighten me? :D
Metacity does not offer that option, so that throws GNOME out the window. I do not know XFCE. KDE however, does allow you to have a different wallpaper or color per viewport. There is a per desktop option dropdown in KDE's desktop control panel. Whether or not this is natively supported in Kwin I do not know. It may be just a hack on top of Kwin. Note, KDE calls viewports "desktops".

<(DmC)>

#368 Post by <(DmC)> »

AgenT wrote:
<(DmC)> wrote:
tothaa wrote: yep
Metacity does not offer that option, so that throws GNOME out the window. I do not know XFCE. KDE however, does allow you to have a different wallpaper or color per viewport. There is a per desktop option dropdown in KDE's desktop control panel. Whether or not this is natively supported in Kwin I do not know. It may be just a hack on top of Kwin. Note, KDE calls viewports "desktops".
yo, thanks for the info! if i ever do get tired of e16, i shall give kde a try :)

SpEcIeS

#369 Post by SpEcIeS »

Here is my Debian 4.0. On my desktop I am using Unofficial Tango icons, 2007.03.03, Bluecurve-Grape controls, Bluecurve Classic window border, and Gnome Curves wallpaper. I am currently using a 1600x1200 resolution.

Mmmmm.... grape. :lol:

SpEcIeS

Debian: Jessie
Kernel: 3.16.0-4-amd64

matino

#370 Post by matino »

TonyT wrote:Image
Can some1 tell how to get this sweet system/hardware info like the one on the right installed ?

Dargor

#371 Post by Dargor »

Code: Select all

apt-get install conky

sinical

#372 Post by sinical »

Been playing with gnome, its a work in progress but I think its coming along nicely

Every cloud has a silver lining, except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Strontium 90.
---------------------------------------------
umop apisdn

GMouse

#373 Post by GMouse »

AgenT wrote:Metacity does not offer that option, so that throws GNOME out the window. I do not know XFCE. KDE however, does allow you to have a different wallpaper or color per viewport. There is a per desktop option dropdown in KDE's desktop control panel. Whether or not this is natively supported in Kwin I do not know. It may be just a hack on top of Kwin. Note, KDE calls viewports "desktops".
From my experience: Gnome applies one wallpaper to all desktops. KDE allows one to be set for each desktop or one for all. XFCE allows you to specify a list of wallpapers to be chosen from randomly on startup, but still applies the result to all desktops.

I used to use Gnome and am currently using XFCE, so I'm envying that granularity of control on the KDE side of things, though not enough to provoke a switch.

davidlb

#374 Post by davidlb »

My super nifty desktop
“Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible.” -
Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

morax

#375 Post by morax »

Update: GNOME again. :)

chrismortimore

#376 Post by chrismortimore »

My desktop is here. It's actually twice that size, but the second monitor (to the right of that one) is the exact same minus panels, so I cut it out.

@sinical: happy now? :P
Desktop: AMD Athlon64 3800+ Venice Core, 2GB PC3200, 5x320GB WD 7200rpm Caviar RE2 (RAID5), Nvidia 6600GT 256MB
Laptop: Intel Pentium M 1.5GHz, 512MB PC2700, 60GB 5400rpm IBM TravelStar, Nvidia 5200Go 64MB

plb

#377 Post by plb »

Job

#378 Post by Job »

my first ever screenshot on a forum:

simstick

#379 Post by simstick »

I wasn't going to post mine as I've only been running Deb for a month for the second time in 9 years but when I walked in and looked at my desktop this morning I thought it was one of the nicest things I have seen on a computer in a loooong time. I have been waiting 9 years to have enough time and for the distros (Deb and a wm, KDE in this case) to be mature enough to be an easy (somewhat) install. Finally! And to be honest I did not expect to succeed with a Dell laptop. A very pleasant suprise.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/ ... sktop1.png
That's the wallpaper from the Debian Brushed Steel theme.