Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

handling unsupported passthrough of host PCI [solved]

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
daggs

handling unsupported passthrough of host PCI [solved]

#1 Post by daggs »

Greetings,

I have a freshly installed debian stable on this cpu + mb combo (Intel® Pentium® Processor G4560+H110M-A), installed the needed pks to use virsh, I've enabled vt-d in the bios and verified vmx exists in /proc/cpuinfo. in addition, I've added intel_iommu to /etc/defaults/grub and ran update-grub.
I've created a xml file for a virtual machine to which I want to assign an additional pcie based nic on the mb via full pci passthrough but when I try to create the vm, I get the below error:

Code: Select all

$ virsh create img.xml
error: Failed to create domain from img.xml error: unsupported configuration: host doesn't support passthrough of host PCI devices
what am I missing?

Thanks,
Dagg.
Last edited by daggs on 2018-04-27 11:25, edited 1 time in total.

daggs

Re: handling unsupported passthrough of host PCI

#2 Post by daggs »

so apparently I had only vt-x enabled and vt-d not, after enabling vt-d, all work ok,