Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Intel Wifi not found

Need help with peripherals or devices?
LanceHaverkamp

Intel Wifi not found

#1 Post by LanceHaverkamp »

lspci lists Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 (rev 73) [on the motherboard]
but gnome settings says no wifi adapter is found

...using a brand-new install of debian 10 gnome desktop
Wifi works fine when booting form Ubuntu flash drive--so it's not a hardware issue.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

jibberjabber

Re: Intel Wifi not found

#2 Post by jibberjabber »

You are welcome, I have 1 question , and then some suggestions.
When was Debian 10 released ? or do you mean "testing" ?
I would think some one using Debian testing would at least know enough to know how to do some basic trouble shooting, and searches, I would start with looking at the bug reports for Debian testing, it might be a temporary problem,and as soon as some one fixes it, they will share the fix.

This is a very common problem on Debian, but like wise there is plenty of documentation and solutions, all ready posted here on this forum, and at Debian wiki,...
Try this:
Wifi not found on Debian
First hit: https://wiki.debian.org/WiFi
And then here on the forum :http://forums.debian.net/search.php?key ... +not+found
Search found 1074 matches: +Intel +Wifi -found
========= additional important reading =======
Please Read.. What we expect you have already Done.

After you read all that, and if you still can not get it working, give us enough details, and maybe someone can help.
written by HelpBot#8453
Alias jibberjabber
I am sorry, my english is not that good, and I sometimes have other problems,so my response might not be perfect.
N5RLX > "Jibber jabber ,all day and all night, jibber jabber jibber jabber"