Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

HP X2 210 G2 / Suspend / Batterie Indicator / Sound Problems

Need help with peripherals or devices?
vstrecker

HP X2 210 G2 / Suspend / Batterie Indicator / Sound Problems

#1 Post by vstrecker »

Good evening,

on my way to a Win free world I was looking for a replacement of my tablet. I bought a HP X2 210 G2 with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB MMC/SSD.

I installed Stretch 9.2, updated the Kernel to 4.12 and I am basicly really happy with the box.

- System runs stable and speed is ok
- Software tested e.g. Remmina, Firefox, Tor, Keepass, KGPG, FWBuilder, Thunderbird, Owncloud client
- USB3 Stick works fine too

Its very leightweigth und I would change to it, instead of my tablets running win, android and ios. But there are some problems which makes it not usable in business:

- The power on button is not recognized except for power on and hard power off
- Closing the monitor doesn't suspend the system
- Batterie indicator is missing (XFCE)

- Sound is not working

- I had no chances to test built in photo/video cams

I really would appereziate any help to overcome this problems.

Thank you very much for your help.

VS

p.s.: i am native german speaker, so appologize and typos.

vstrecker

Re: HP X2 210 G2 / Suspend / Batterie Indicator / Sound Prob

#3 Post by vstrecker »

I already ducked alot. found others with same problems, that is why i posted here in hardware. looks like i need to wait for a kernel supporting it. that is why i updated kernel to 4.12

vstrecker

#4 Post by vstrecker »

A small update:

I moved forward to sid/unstable with kernel 4.13 and additionally added firmware-intel-sound, acpi, acpi-support and pm.-utils.

Changes:

- the power button is recognized and system asks what to do. is suspend is selected, i never get it to wake up again. needs hard power off + reboot.

vstrecker

#5 Post by vstrecker »

A small update:

I moved forward to sid/unstable with kernel 4.15

No changes regarding sound and batterie

debiman

#6 Post by debiman »

seems you're not the only one with those two specific problems:
https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?qu ... +X2+210+G2
also looks like ubuntu is better suited in this case (at least for those that do not enjoy tinkering).

vstrecker

#7 Post by vstrecker »

I moved on to 4.16 Kernel just now, but no changes. And there are no plans to move to Ubuntu, because I run most Servers on FreeBSD, some on Debian. Workstations all Debian and Windows free area here in the company and in private. :-) I do hope, this nice tablet with keyboard will run soon, or somebody has a suggestion for a 10.1" notebook or tablet with keyboard which is able to replace all of our IOS/Android tablets. We want to move off these proprietary stuff. Phones should become Librem5, if they make it to the market.