Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Have to click application twice to open it?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
jalisco

Have to click application twice to open it?

#1 Post by jalisco »

Kind of strange, but when I go to "Show Applications," and click on Clementine (not saying it's specifically only Clementine, but seems to only occur with this application), nothing happens. I click it again, it opens and operates normally.

I ALWAYS have to do this to open Clementine.

Can anyone recommend a way to debug this, and/or if there is a solution such that I only have to click it once for it to open?

Wheelerof4te

Re: Have to click application twice to open it?

#2 Post by Wheelerof4te »

Where is the info about your system? People here aren't magicians.
Clementine is a qt program, so it's designed to best work with KDE. Again, tell us more about your system.
Also:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=47078

jalisco

#3 Post by jalisco »

Debian 8 (Jessie) 64-bit
Gnome 3.14.1

Hardware infos:
AMD Phenom II X3 720 Processor x 3
8 GB RAM

I tried launching it from shell, see if I get any error messages. Nothing happens, the application doesn't launch, and I don't get a new command line either.

It's not "serious" per se, I can just click it twice to launch it, and everything works perfectly as expected.

I guess it might have to do with the qt/KDE angle. Will research in that direction.

Head_on_a_Stick

#4 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Check ~/.xsession-errors for any error messages.
deadbang

jalisco

#5 Post by jalisco »

Thanks for the tip. I checked the .xsession-errors, but other than seeing over 2000 lines =9 (I have used this system for some time), I didn't see anything particular about GTK or Clementine.

I think that is the direction. Somewhere along the line, there is some kind of funny interplay between the application and the Debian Jessie.

I am gonna update my system soon, and get a newer version of Clementine, then maybe the quirk will disappear.