Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Adobe flash player - Opera Debian 9?

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
odenproser

Adobe flash player - Opera Debian 9?

#1 Post by odenproser »

Hi guys,

Has anyone got the Adobe Flash plugin to work for Opera Debian 9? How?

If not, which browser would you recommend for Adobe Flash and playing DRM content?

bw123

Re: Adobe flash player - Opera Debian 9?

#2 Post by bw123 »

Wiki says it's possible, depending on Opera ver
https://wiki.debian.org/FlashPlayer/#Un ... d_browsers
resigned by AI ChatGPT

odenproser

#3 Post by odenproser »

Just to say, for anyone else who might be interested, you can get Flash/DRM to work on Chrome on Debian 9.

Chrome seems to be more stable than Chromium.

arzgi

#4 Post by arzgi »

odenproser wrote:Just to say, for anyone else who might be interested, you can get Flash/DRM to work on Chrome on Debian 9.

Chrome seems to be more stable than Chromium.
I don't want to steal your thread, but Adobe suggests abandoning flash, Microsoft has announced it will drop flash support. If only all those service providers would learn that too...

Bulkley

#5 Post by Bulkley »

arzgi wrote:I don't want to steal your thread, but Adobe suggests abandoning flash, Microsoft has announced it will drop flash support. If only all those service providers would learn that too...
Those service providers are the problem. One of the advantages of having several browsers is that I can test them. I have discovered that when Firefox can't view a video Slimjet can. Slimjet is a Chrome derivative that operates nicely in user space without being installed.