Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] No internet access - Qualcomm Atheros Attansic L1

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
ratrace

[SOLVED] No internet access - Qualcomm Atheros Attansic L1

#1 Post by ratrace »

Because of an old hard drive in my pc, i decided to install a new hdd and also for a first time install debian 9.4 from netinst cd. With my previous hdd the pc had the same parts and i didn't had problem with internet access. In my previous pc i started from debian wheezy and with the upgrades i ended up using debian 9.4, without problem in internet connection.

Now that i have the new hdd, with debian 9.4 and xfce, i can't connect to the internet. To be more precise, for some unknown reason my pc will connect one time and 100 times it won't.

lspci command says that i have Ethernet controller: Qualcomm Atheros Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet [1969:1048] (rev b0)

lsmod shows atl1-36864-0

The file /etc/network/interfaces is
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

Dmesg | grep l1 shows atl1: probe of 0000:02:00.0 failed with error -5.

I found the above commands/informations from internet, with a search that i did, from another pc that i have.

How can i verify, that my network card is the problem and how can i solve it to have internet access.

Thanks
Last edited by ratrace on 2018-06-03 09:06, edited 1 time in total.

ratrace

Re: No internet access - Qualcomm Atheros Attansic L1

#2 Post by ratrace »

It is a bug.