Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Tool for shapes, annotations, text to Images (Cant find!)

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
bester69

Tool for shapes, annotations, text to Images (Cant find!)

#1 Post by bester69 »

Hi,

Im looking for something like FastStoneDraw(FastStone Capture) or ShutterDrawingTool (Shutter).. I need to be able to move/select shapes over a raw bitimage..
I tried many paint apps, but they can't select/move shapes (squares, arrows, circles,etc).. Kolourpaint wasnt able neither.. and others tools (LibreDraw, Inkscape, gimp) are more complex.

I really dont understand how come we dont yet have this kind of App in linux.. :shock: At least, I cant find anything.. :(

AS you might now, FastStone Capture and Shutter are kind of clones between linux and windows

Shutter Drawing-Tool (Shutter)

FastStoneDraw (FastStone Capture)
Last edited by bester69 on 2018-06-23 04:19, edited 3 times in total.
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

bester69

Re: Can't find this Type of Software in Linux!!

#2 Post by bester69 »

So, the only tool/way I see to get this properly is
by using shutter (Two steps) >> Open image >> Edit Mode
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

cds60601
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#3 Post by cds60601 »

Inkscape may be better suited for this once you understand layers.
Though I have not used it (and it may be too simple to do what you need), as for paint apps - there is always gnome paint.

Cheers
Chris
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

bester69

#4 Post by bester69 »

cds60601 wrote:Inkscape may be better suited for this once you understand layers.
Though I have not used it (and it may be too simple to do what you need), as for paint apps - there is always gnome paint.

Cheers
Chris
Inkscape and LibreOffice Draw can do it , but I would like a suitable app for this use.
Gnome-paint, pinta, kolourpaint and the rest of linux's paint apps can't do it, They can't select and move shapes once they were created, so you can't deleted or edit them once they become part of the image,

Its for a quick Images notes edition (squares, circles, arrows, text, etc) , similar to okular palette; I saw Okular can do something like that, but it store its edition in metadata, and the palette is kind of a shitty and doesnt seem to work very well..

Okular (with bmp)

bester69

#5 Post by bester69 »

bester69 wrote:So, the only tool/way I see to get this properly is
by using shutter (Two steps) >> Open image >> Edit Mode
I will use FastStone Capture 7.x Portable (wine),
It has the best tools palette, more powerfull than Shutter's one and It supports drag&drop images under wine. Furthermore brings a PDF battery images converter.
If you know about any other better solution, you please tell me. :? :roll:

Here you can see Im not the only one..linux is lacking this type of application. (There's only shutter with a very limitted palette, and that's not its purpose)
https://askubuntu.com/questions/3578/to ... -to-images

Thanks.

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tool for shapes, annotations, text to Images (Cant find!

#6 Post by sunrat »

Surely GIMP can do this.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

GarryRicketson

#7 Post by GarryRicketson »

I am sure you can, I have not used GIMP very much, but I do know with
Image Magick as well, one can do these kind of things.
Tool for shapes, annotations, text to Images
==============
text to Images

bester69

#8 Post by bester69 »

sunrat wrote:Surely GIMP can do this.
Sure It can, but its not a final purpose tool for that. I cant wait for GImp to load everytime I want to take an image annotation shape. And you have to elaborate that shapes...

I made a video-demo, see How It works with faststone (wine) in debian, I wish someone developed this app in linux.:
https://youtu.be/20BaxZODioU

stevepusser

#9 Post by stevepusser »

Are you talking about annotating screenshots? If so, I would suggest Flameshot, Hotshots, or Ksnip.
MX Linux packager and developer

bester69

#10 Post by bester69 »

stevepusser wrote:Are you talking about annotating screenshots? If so, I would suggest Flameshot, Hotshots, or Ksnip.
They all do more or less the same, half screenshot/half annotation drawing tool,, they're mainly capture apps.. I was talking about annotating images, not necessarily screenshots,.. Im looking for a powerfull annotating tool (a decente and complete palette).. Flameshot is garbage, ksnip is ok but very simple palette , Hotshots cant get it, seem abandoned; shutter seems the most suited for having the best tool annotation. I would like something a littel bit better than shutter's editor..Faststone editor, has a decent palette tool..Kolourpaint and others paint editor should have at least one additional layout in order to move and place the elipses, circles and others figures above the picture. I dont understand why cant we do that in theses paint tools.

See the demo, You ll understand what i meant
https://youtu.be/20BaxZODioU

stevepusser

#11 Post by stevepusser »

Somebody managed to patch Hotshots so it would build on a Stretch base... :D http://mxrepo.com/mx/repo/pool/main/h/hotshots/
MX Linux packager and developer

bester69

#12 Post by bester69 »

stevepusser wrote:Somebody managed to patch Hotshots so it would build on a Stretch base... :D http://mxrepo.com/mx/repo/pool/main/h/hotshots/
Hi Steve,

Thanks, nice App, with some nice figures But it doesnt work properly, Edition behave is kind of laggy, can't do "Undo Operation" (I dont se how), cant scale shapes directly from corners, can't apply gradient transparency, can't re-edit textbox shapes once done, Its some litle inteligible or some things doesnt works as it should expected.

deactivate account

If we just had something like shutter's or Faststone's editors (they both works smooths and properly, works as It should be expected), plus a lot of more of cool/nice shapes/figures (somes of Hotshots), with a nice and clean interface (similar to Hotshots's) and without screenshot purpose, we would have a perfect tool for this seeked purpose. We take the screenshot with a third tool, and send picture to this one for edition.

Someone should make a Mix-Fork from All of theses drawing Annotations tools using Shutter's as a reference and composing an ultimate (a lot of nice/easy shapes and figures) well done (not like hotshots, It has an extrange behavior) App for this kind of purpose. :idea:

debiman

#13 Post by debiman »

rant warning:
all of bester69's software recommendations/requests are the same:
wishing for some trivial functionality that is easily achievable with existing software on linux, yet they want something that works just so, a dedicated app for this one purpose exactly with a "friendlier" gui, something that won't confuse him/her.
and i think s/he knows it.
so, to me, this is still some form of trolling.

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Post by sunrat »

Agreed @debiman. As I said, GIMP can do all that but "I cant wait for GImp to load everytime"
bester69 wrote:Someone should make a Mix-Fork
Are you not "someone"? Time to become an application developer to fulfil all your wishes and dreams! :wink:
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

bester69

#15 Post by bester69 »

sunrat wrote:Agreed @debiman. As I said, GIMP can do all that but "I cant wait for GImp to load everytime"
bester69 wrote:Someone should make a Mix-Fork
Are you not "someone"? Time to become an application developer to fulfil all your wishes and dreams! :wink:
Dude I cant develop anything properly, my mind strugles a lot when I put myself to it, I would do better some job cops or task's rutines if that was the case. :? :shock:

bester69

#16 Post by bester69 »

debiman wrote:rant warning:
all of bester69's software recommendations/requests are the same:
wishing for some trivial functionality that is easily achievable with existing software on linux, yet they want something that works just so, a dedicated app for this one purpose exactly with a "friendlier" gui, something that won't confuse him/her.
and i think s/he knows it.
so, to me, this is still some form of trolling.
jejej Debi why are you confuse about my genere, I dont see others got into that confusion..that its very extrange :mrgreen: ..
we "trolls" are not "Organic Portals"..I understand that chasing.. see Steve ..He is not an OP, Its pretty clear how to difference you

cuckooflew

#17 Post by cuckooflew »

I have to agree with Mr.Debiman, this bester69 is either a troll, or just a spam bot, most of it's posts are spam. I don't know why the admins accept it.
Most of the software the spambot promotes is commercial,and not even really for Linux , but needs to be run on wine,or some other virtual windows thing.
OP (Original Post), but I don't know what steve has to do with it.
Gimp does all of the things this other commercial program does,I guess that is why it needs tp use spam techniques to promote it.
Spam bots do not have gender, "it" is a bot, no he/she or anything, it is a spam bot.
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!