Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

No Sound From HDMI and Very Low Sound From Speakers

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
pouyaroo

No Sound From HDMI and Very Low Sound From Speakers

#1 Post by pouyaroo »

Hi Everyone!

After a fresh install of Debian Stretch, I blacklisted nouveau driver and installed Nvidia Graphic Drivers throughout this tutorial
https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php? ... mus-laptop

before that Debian couldn't detect my HDMI display at all, even when i installed bumblebee but after this, machine detected HDMI display but the sound is still being played over laptop's Speakers which itself is much lower than how it was on windows

I got this output from aplay -l

Code: Select all

$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC295 Analog [ALC295 Analog]
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
and my codecs are listed as below

$ cat /proc/asound/card0/codec* | grep Codec
Codec: Realtek ALC295
Codec: Intel Kabylake HDMI
I'm on a HP-Pavilion bc-299nia laptop with GTX-1050 GPU and ALC295 (as listed) sound card

Is there any idea about it could be fixed?

debiman

Re: No Sound From HDMI and Very Low Sound From Speakers

#2 Post by debiman »

don't use kali tutorials for vanilla debian.

do you use pulseaudio? try all settings in 'pavucontrol', maybe you can fix it.

open a terminal, type 'alsamixer' and then F5, then scroll through all channels and see if something can be adjusted/unmuted. you can also (temporarily) select a different soundcard.

also https://eu1.startpage.com/do/search?nos ... I+no+sound

pouyaroo

#3 Post by pouyaroo »

debiman wrote:don't use kali tutorials for vanilla debian.

do you use pulseaudio? try all settings in 'pavucontrol', maybe you can fix it.

open a terminal, type 'alsamixer' and then F5, then scroll through all channels and see if something can be adjusted/unmuted. you can also (temporarily) select a different soundcard.

also https://eu1.startpage.com/do/search?nos ... I+no+sound
Thanks for reply!
I checked all 'pavucontrol' options but nothing changed!
'alsamixer' also shows only a single column with title of <Master>, and card and chip are set to Pulseaudio by default but when I press F6 and select the

HDA Intel PCH
option, they change to specification of my device.

and thanks for the search link :) the first link was totally a disappointment for how it said "THERE IS NO WAY TO GET OUUTA THIS"

debiman

#4 Post by debiman »

you replied 25min after i posted.
for your benefit i will assume that you saw my reply immediately (unlikely) and thus had exactly 25min to do all the things i suggested.
that is not enough.
please, do it all again, diligently. take more time. read more than just the first search result (do you always do that? no wonder you can't fix your problems).

pouyaroo

#5 Post by pouyaroo »

debiman wrote:you replied 25min after i posted.
for your benefit i will assume that you saw my reply immediately (unlikely) and thus had exactly 25min to do all the things i suggested.
that is not enough.
please, do it all again, diligently. take more time. read more than just the first search result (do you always do that? no wonder you can't fix your problems).
Actually I guess it is my fault that I didn't mention that I had done the 'Pavucontrol' workarounds and alsamixer modifications before! I've been googling my problem for about a week and no luck; none of the fixes and scripts i found worked on my system.
So i just took a look at the link you mentioned and not only the first link (Other Tabs Are Still Open at the moment i'm writing this -_-), the only fix i found through the search page was for a situation which HDMI Audio was 'DETECTED' by 'Alsamixer' but mine is not so.

sorry if i caused misunderstanding