Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Recomend a term-emu

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
cds60601
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

Recomend a term-emu

#1 Post by cds60601 »

I would have preferred that Gnome-Terminal offer transparencies however, it appears that feature has been removed. I looked at xfc4-terminal (as a few folks mentioned they like it) but I assume those folks were using something other than Debian.

So, what would be a decent term that will offer transparencies. Would appreciate feedback.

Cheers
Chris
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

arzgi

Re: Recomend a term-emu

#2 Post by arzgi »

cds60601 wrote:I would have preferred that Gnome-Terminal offer transparencies however, it appears that feature has been removed. I looked at xfc4-terminal (as a few folks mentioned they like it) but I assume those folks were using something other than Debian.

So, what would be a decent term that will offer transparencies. Would appreciate feedback.

Cheers
Chris
Xfce works on many distros so why would Debian be any different? Same goes to kde and gnome, they are not written to any spesific distro.

I use xfce, transparency works.

cds60601
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#3 Post by cds60601 »

arzgi wrote:
cds60601 wrote:I would have preferred that Gnome-Terminal offer transparencies however, it appears that feature has been removed. I looked at xfc4-terminal (as a few folks mentioned they like it) but I assume those folks were using something other than Debian.

Cheers
Chris
Xfce works on many distros so why would Debian be any different? Same goes to kde and gnome, they are not written to any spesific distro.

I use xfce, transparency works.
As I mentioned, I tried xfce4-terminal - the option is not there. And as for Gnome Terminal, same. In fact - unless I read some threads incorrectly, the main reason transparency was removed from G-Term was due to the fact it was more trouble then what it was worth to allow it to be available in Debian.
Please see this thread on this forum about G-Term:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=128108

UPDATED: Blah - I should have just read through the whole thing. mate-terminal will suffice for now.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

arzgi

#4 Post by arzgi »

Ok, sorry to misinform. It must been during Jessie when I tested it. Now there is no transparency in options of xfce4-terminal. I can confirm that.

Head_on_a_Stick

#5 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Rxvt-unicode (256 colour version) with these resources set:

Code: Select all

URxvt.depth: 32
URxvt.background: [80]#000000
^ The [80] bit sets the opacity percentage.

Don't be fooled by the transparent resource option, it only sets fake transparency, my above configuration utilises the alpha channel (and so needs a running compositor to work).
deadbang

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#6 Post by None1975 »

Thumbs up for Rxvt-unicode (256 colour version)!
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github