Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

New Trash Can on Desktop [solved]

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
mike acker

New Trash Can on Desktop [solved]

#1 Post by mike acker »

this morning i did the usual apt update/apt upgrade sequence

the screen blinked off and then back on while i was waiting for completion and, a bit later, i noticed a new Trash Can icon on my desktop. at first when i looked at the content i was a bit concerned that this can had grabbed some of my files but on closer inspection i found it only had stuff i had delete earlier during some reorganization and clean up work

kinda cute icon though
Viva la Resistencia

debiman

Re: New Trash Can on Desktop [solved]

#2 Post by debiman »

you have 2 trashcans now?
and why is it marked solved?

mike acker

Re: New Trash Can on Desktop [solved]

#3 Post by mike acker »

debiman wrote:you have 2 trashcans now?
and why is it marked solved?
the trashcan that appears on the desktop is an alternate route to the "trash" ( deleted files ) that normally appears in the file manager

i thought it had gobbled up a bunch of my files but on checking i found it's just an alt route to the trash. so that is why i marked this 'solved'

the icon appeared yesterday right after i did the usual apt upgrade. it seems to appear as the last item on the desktop regardless of sort
Viva la Resistencia