Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to take over grub controlled by a different OS?

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
johnywhy

Re: How to take over grub controlled by a different OS?

#21 Post by johnywhy »

Dog's architecture is Debian. It doesn't use puppy's architecture. As you quoted, "Debian structure and Debian behaviour are untouched and Debian documentation is 100% valid for DebianDog." That's clear. Not debatable.

Furthermore, Dog isn't some distant relative, forked years ago. It's based on the current release of Debian.
this has already happened for one of your topics.
That's completely incorrect. In both cases I stated I was using a derivative. It's not my fault if people can't read.

Thx for telling me about the Derivatives section, I'll use it!

debiman

#22 Post by debiman »

johnywhy wrote:Dog's architecture is Debian. It doesn't use puppy's architecture. As you quoted, "Debian structure and Debian behaviour are untouched and Debian documentation is 100% valid for DebianDog." That's clear. Not debatable.
i'm not debating what debiandog is, i'm debating what the debian forums are for.
look, we can discuss it til the sun rises in the west, fact is i'm not the only one who sees it like that, and you WILL run into similar comments.
Furthermore, Dog isn't some distant relative, forked years ago. It's based on the current release of Debian.
so are almost all debian derivates.
in fact, i've never heard of one that was "forked years ago", and hasn't touched original debian repos since.
this has already happened for one of your topics.
That's completely incorrect. In both cases I stated I was using a derivative. It's not my fault if people can't read.
if you use a distro with a different init system, and you ask a question pertaining to that init system, that is something you need to mention prominently in your first post, not later on as a "btw".

Thx for telling me about the Derivatives section, I'll use it!
thanks.
i'll take that as "Message received".

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#23 Post by None1975 »

johnywhy wrote:. It's based on the current release of Debian.
It also has its own custom 'Dog' repositories for Stretch.
So It's not Debian in any way.
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github