Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Progeny

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
DeanLinkous

Progeny

#1 Post by DeanLinkous »

I almost forgot!
Progeny closed their doors yesterday.....
from http://www.progeny.com
We are sorry to inform you that Progeny Linux Systems, Inc. ceased operations April 30, 2007. Questions may be directed to:

Offers to purchase the progeny.com, progenylinux.com, progenylinux.org, progenylinux.net, componentizedlinux.com, componentizedlinux.net, or componentizedlinux.org domain names should be made to:
Aye, fight and you may fail, sellout, and you may live, a while. And dying in your MScash beds, you'll be willin' to trade ALL the cash, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may FUD our customers, but they'll never take...OUR FREEDOM!

Jackiebrown

#2 Post by Jackiebrown »

llivv

deja vu

#3 Post by llivv »

I just heard about compiz today which brought back memories of java desktop in it's beta stages.
So I went to double check it to see if there are still any similarities to what it used to look like and what compiz screenshots show. {no deja vu yet.}
I'm just getting carried along with the tide here, and don't know didly about progeny except what I read about it in debain history. But, I have also done a bit of reading on the mandrake issues that seem to run "similar" paths as least as far as "things that can go wrong when mixing free/commerical versions of Linux .
Just weird kinda timing deja vui things all day!
In memory of Ian Ashley Murdock (1973 - 2015) founder of the Debian project.

DeanLinkous

#4 Post by DeanLinkous »

Progeny is when Ian went over to the dark side. :D
The man gives *birth* to one of the greatest ideas and then somehow fell off the wagon....
Now him and ESR are buddies on the spire-train....

I know I am silly!
Aye, fight and you may fail, sellout, and you may live, a while. And dying in your MScash beds, you'll be willin' to trade ALL the cash, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may FUD our customers, but they'll never take...OUR FREEDOM!