Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

clipit problem with gnome-shell

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
morgon

clipit problem with gnome-shell

#1 Post by morgon »

Hi,

I did a dist-upgrade today and now I am having problems using clipit (1.4.4-2) in gnome-shell (3.30.0-3).

What happens is that when I press my hotkey-combination (Ctrl-Alt-H) I don't get the clipit-popup.

When I run clipit attached to a terminal it produces this error message whenever I press my keys:
(clipit:8485): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 22:06:43.764: g_object_set_data: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
(clipit:8485): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 22:06:43.764: gdk_window_get_window_type: assertion 'GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed
I have no idea what is going on but maybe it has to do with the fact that the gnome-shell tray (or whatever it was called) now seems to be gone and afaik clipit used to put an icon there.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks!

bw123

Re: clipit problem with gnome-shell

#2 Post by bw123 »

resigned by AI ChatGPT

morgon

#3 Post by morgon »

Sound at least similar.

I just noticed that when I keep pressing the hotkeys, sometimes (very rarely, but it does happen) I do get the popup.

My theory (guess really) is that it has to do with gnome-shell, rather than clipit so I assume going back to an earlier version of clipit would be of no use...

What clipboard-managers do you guys use then?

morgon

#4 Post by morgon »

I was wrong suspecting gnome-shell as the same problem appears with i3.

I've gone back to clipit 1.4.2-1.2 that seems to work.